Are Termites Damaging Your House? Find Out Ways to Get Rid of Them!
Do you know what termites are? Well, they are the worst kind of pests and can cause a lot of damage to your house. If you don’t deal with them properly, they can seriously damage the structure of your house as well. They can be tremendously harmful to the woodwork and walls of your house. If they manage to warren into the foundation of your house, then the problem is awfully serious as it can affect the safety and structural reliability of your house.
So, if you find any of those dreaded brown lines, it indicates that termites are present in your home, and serious actions must be taken instantly in order to avert any damage, because the damage would cost you a lot of money, time, and exertion.
In this blog, you are going to find some ways that can help you to deal with these terminates.
How to Prevent Your House from Termites?
Go for A Termite-Proof Barrier
- Make sure to have a termite-proof barrier built around the foundation while constructing your house.
- The termite-proof barrier is installed like a waterproof barrier and is obscured in insecticide.
- This will also prevent termites to crawl up from the ground into the structure of your house.
Cover All Openings
- One of the best ways to deal with termites is to avert them entering your house in the first place.
- To do this, you must cover openings around your house with good-quality steel mesh.
- You can go for sand around the base of your house as well because termites can’t move through it.
Get Insecticides Drilled into Foundation
- Hire an expert to go who can go to your house and fix the extent of any termite problem for the future as well.
- If you plan to pest-proof your house after building it up, you can drill insecticide into the foundation of your house.
- Always hire a trustworthy expert for this job, because any mistake could lead to the structural veracity of your house being compromised.
Don’t Let Puddles Stagnate Around Your Home
- Termites breed in the accumulated water, so don’t let puddles stagnate around your house.
- Termites thrive on humidity, so deal with leakage or dampness in walls as soon as possible.
Keep Your House Ventilated
- A humid and musty air in your house is what makes it the perfect place for termites to feed, particularly on woodwork and doors.
- Keep your house ventilated, so that air can pass through your rooms and open windows.
- This will also help you to keep your home dry, fresh, and free of termites.
How to Cure it?
Go for Chemical solutions
- After having an infestation, hire experts who can come to your house and help you to get rid of termites via chemical treatments.
- You will have to take specific precautions for a few days, so make sure to follow the instructions of experts completely for a safe termite killing procedure.
Termites Can’t Survive Sunlight
- Let me tell you an important thing, termites can’t survive in sunlight!
- So, put all portable termite-infested things like shelves and sofas out right in front of the sunlight.
- Also, keep the curtains open to let the sunlight shine directly into the termite-infested rooms and get rid of them.
Wet Cardboard Trick
- Well, this is another DIY tip that you can do before you search for an expert to deal with your problem.
- Take a small-sized cardboard box and dampen it.
- Place the box in a termite-infested area.
- As termites feed in fibre, they will start feeding on the cardboard.
- After that, take the box outside and burn it to kill a huge amount of the termites.
Removal of Termites
- A lot of liquid and powder solutions will be required to remove termites and their tunnels from your house.
- You might even need to get the whole surface re-polished or repainted once again after you get rid of the termites.
Following are the non-toxic substances that you can use for this process. Plus, don’t forget to get them diluted before you use them.
- Borax powder
- Neem oil
So, by following these simple tips, you can deal with termites in your house. Do you have any questions or suggestions related to this blog? If you do, tell us in the comments below.
June 8, 2018 AT 11:35 AM
Borax powder do nothing at all I just tried this but no use
June 8, 2018 AT 11:51 AM
i really hate these little creatures
June 21, 2018 AT 06:04 AM
nothing really works against these. mark my words